Controlled Chaos | Teen Ink

Controlled Chaos

March 22, 2012
By MayaU-O GOLD, Asheville, North Carolina
MayaU-O GOLD, Asheville, North Carolina
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If I have the belief that I can do it,
I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it
even if I may not have it at the beginning."


~ Mahatma Gandhi ~


The bear charged.

People are just beginning to realize I am different. I have known a long time now.

Lily had thought about dying before, but now that she was facing death she didn’t know what to make of it.

This is what I want. This is always what I have wanted. But now I don’t know what to think.

Many people have asked me what I want to do with my life. I have finally decided and it is nothing like I expected it to be.

I am different.

The fairies gathered around Polly, wanting to hear good news, but she had none.

“It was the dwarves! It was the dwarves! I swear it wasn’t me!”

“Why does it have to be me? Why can’t it be someone else?”

“I have to, Suzie. The Great Lord has sent for me.”

“I may never return.”

Many people have come before me. Many people will continue to come even though I stay on, unchanging.”

“I am the changeling. You called.”

Everyone is different but I am very different.

Our monkey queen is in the dark mountain.

I remember more in summer because winter is too cold.

Bring my special elephant home.

The blood dripped down my neck slowly. My breath grew ragged as my fingers vainly grasped at thin air. Slowly and with much effort my lips formed the words “You promised.”

The wind whistled and someone screamed. It happened every night but tonight I recognized who the screamer was.

Time stopped but I kept moving.

Love is a fickle thing but I do like pickles.

Sometime soon we will run out of letters.

Have you ever heard the phrase, Raining cats and dogs? Well, it came true.

I made a wish. And it came true.

Why are all ships and cats’ female and everything else, male?

I don’t get it.

Lot’s of people have lived and none have died.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. Those are the letters but they won’t stay that way for long.

Lots of people have lived and loved but sometimes I think it is hard to have lived and loved and then to have died.

Sometimes we have the best of times and sometimes we have the worst of times.

Leave. Now. I want to see you every day of my life except this one.

See, many people have come and gone but now this one person is special. I don’t know how but they are.

Caring for people is the most inconvenient past time.

The mountains are old, but I’m older.

Hi, I’m Noah, like as in Noah’s Ark.

I think love comes at much to hard a cost.

The silent house spoke to me.

The stars started falling from the sky. One bounced off the sidewalk in front of me and I picked it up.

I have always fantasized people having doubles in double universes, but I never thought that I would get to meet my double.

My twin was born a year after me.

How many more times are we going to stand for people killing other people?

The year after I was born, I was murdered; now I am back for revenge.

My mother is a dog, my father is a cat, and I am a mouse.

Clouds hold different secrets. Dark, foreboding clouds are all the dark thoughts that anyone has ever thought, but then the light and fluffy clouds are all the happy thoughts that anyone has ever thought.

One day, the dark clouds battled the light clouds.

Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?

The trees lined up for inspection.

All the signs pointed left, so I went right.