Breathe Out

I’m at a healthy weight,
but I wish I was thinner
I”ll never stop thinking about the first boy who broke my heart
I think that buying more clothes will
make me happy
I constantly underestimate myself
I constantly second guess myself
For one reason or another,
I am jealous of everyone
Ecstatic can turn to devastated
within seconds
My trust and innocence have been destroyed
I look for happiness in the eyes of strangers
I have made countless mistakes
and the best thing I have ever come to realize is that
I am completely normal

Ariya said...
Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:17 pm:
I like the poem for the most part.  I love the honesty and how I can completely relate to it.  The only thing I don't really like is the last line.  I'm not completly sure why but it doesn't really go with tone of the poem and how you (like me and the rest of the world) have problems with exepting yourself.  That may just be me and otherwise this is a really good poem.

dark_armor1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
hmm i dont know about this one. i kinda feel it was a bit all over the place. try to stick to one topic it usually helps the reader to become a bit more interested. good job though!

gb12197This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
there is so much honesty and emotion in this poem, and it is honestly amazing. you give a great sense of what you are actually feeling to the reader, and i love this poem.

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:53 am:
That's great!  Just how some of us feel or at least bits and parts of that.  Keep writing!!!

wordbeater said...
I like how honest this is! 

eternal_sunshine replied...
Apr. 6, 2012 at 10:12 pm :
Thanks! :)