"A Certain Death" | Teen Ink

"A Certain Death"

April 3, 2012
By sonofelphaba BRONZE, Emerald Isle, North Carolina
sonofelphaba BRONZE, Emerald Isle, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."- Wise Man, "Sucker Punch"


A certain death is when you no longer wish to be saved.

When the world has turned all dark, with only pinpoint patches of light left to guide you.

When everyone around you must be only cautiously trusted, and those you love must first have their true intentions questioned.

A certain death is when your flame has gone out, no longer warming your spirit.

When all energy you had before is now null and void, lost in a dimension of madness.

When hope now seems to be a lost cause, something too extraordinary and unreliable to put faith in.

A certain death is when your blood has boiled cold, and all that’s left of you is an eerily mutant shell, filled only with a freezing, choking air that only barely works to keep your heart beating on.

A certain death has become your everyday existence- now what do you do?

The author's comments:
This piece was inspired by the film "Sucker Punch" by Zack Snyder... when writing it, I imagined the main character Baby Doll speaking it in regards to how she felt about her unfortunate situation.