My Perfect Bliss

My dampened brown hair blew behind me in a tangled mess. The wind whispered in my ear a familiar lullabuy, that I long for every time our earth goes cold. Water continues to change from light to dark, clear to dark. The water goes from being a reflectant glass to a broken picture frame, as we go from bay to pure ocean. A neighboring island's waves as we pass by on the small boat. I smile in reply, knowing this is not a final goodbye.

I glance at my younger sister to see that her cheeks were kissed by the sun, as well as mine. My thoughts drifted as much as the boat did, but the one thing I remembered most was the 'welcome home hug' I received from an old friend. Jumping from the back of the boat and plummeting into the crisp-clear water that was beneath me. The embrace was cold and my body rejected it at first, but it was just to familiar to let go. Bone chilling water stung my eyes and forced them closed. The waves spoke words of happiness. I smiled knowing this was the first hello I had received of the year.

My thoughts got blown away with my worries as I saw the approaching dock. I waddled off the boat, and 'plopped' on the splintering wood. In a single breath-taking movement, the sun spoke words of goodbye in color. Brilliant orange, pink, and blues lit the sky as well as my heart. As the sun said his final goodbye; I smiled in reply,knowing this is not a final goodbye...

compassion said...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:29 am
wow you expressed so well!i love it

katelynnleigh said...
I really like this... Keep on writing!