Innocent smile of mine - a selfharm poem | Teen Ink

Innocent smile of mine - a selfharm poem

March 13, 2012
By Architectofmyownprivatehell BRONZE, Trowbridge, Other
Architectofmyownprivatehell BRONZE, Trowbridge, Other
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
We're all architects of our own private hell, noone can hurt us like we hurt ourselves!


We’re all the same on the inside. We’re all dark, we’re all alive, We’re all dead, we’re all deprived.

No more joy, no more sadness, No emotion, only madness. I can't see. I don't feel. I can't touch. I don't heal.

I'm not my usual self being quiet and lonely isn't 'me', Crying all night, acting all day, this isn't how it's supposed to be.

Everyday is dark, There’s no light, Whatever I do it’s never right, Everything is negative, I feel so insecure I don’t know what to do anymore.

Behind this innocent smile of mine, lay words left unsaid. Words of longing, love, anger, and hate, all repeated inside my head. I'm hurting so bad inside I just wish you could see, I'm struggling to be someone that isn't even close to me.

I sit in my room, and hide in my shell, The life that I’m living, my own private hell. The crimson tears, down my arm they run. I look down, what have I done?

I guess it’s my only way to let it out, I wanna scream, I wanna shout. But I don’t make a sound, I keep it inside. I wanna break out, but instead I hide.

I’m looking at this girl in the mirror who is crying tonight, Nothing I can say or do will make her alright.

She holds the knife to her skin, She isn’t afraid of dying, She’s only afraid of the pain it’ll bring, And to see her best friends crying.

The author's comments:
I wrote this when I was going through a rough time and I guess this is what helped me overcome mty selfharm.