Perserverance | Teen Ink

Perserverance

March 28, 2012
By AnthonyFabela BRONZE, Indio Ca, California
AnthonyFabela BRONZE, Indio Ca, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Never settle with what you have.
It's never enough, always persevere,
Even if your already the best.
Set goals and have a dream to achieve,
If not, you lose desire and have no direction in life.
It seems as though we are all in a rush to go nowhere.
Goals can be set in sports, school, life and family.
Don't settle for play-offs, win a championship.
Don't settle for a "B", work hard and get that "A".
Don't settle for "employee", be your own boss,
And be the best husband, wife, grandma, grandpa, son or daughter you can be.
It's never enough, never settle, you can ALWAYS do better.
No matter what, there will always be someone out there that is better, richer, smarter, or more athletic than you.
So why settle? Work harder and be better than that person,
Even if that's already you.
Persevere and become a BETTER you.

The author's comments:
This idea came from my most recent football coach. He was a great coach. He was the inspiration behind this whole poem. We were brand new to the league we had entered for football yet we never held that against ourselves, we won EVERYTHING we could as a team. We won the Super Bowl then moved on to state and then nationals and one them all including a tournament in Las Vegas. We honestly couldn't have done any better. Unfortunately, I tore my ACL and meniscus in our Super Bowl for which I had surgery that I am currently recovering from so I watched every game after that. However, I'm working hard and I'll be playing high school football next year. What I hope people take from this is to never settle, you can't make thy an option for yourself.