Never Gonna Be Alone | Teen Ink

Never Gonna Be Alone

March 27, 2012
By Raven_Deathwing PLATINUM, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Raven_Deathwing PLATINUM, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
29 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
'my happiness is only a mask i wear to hide the tears i cry'


As I watched the war rage outside my window, I saw you, running towards me, trying to protect me; I could only cry as you made it, but after someone had shot you, and I cried harder…

I wished this war was over, for my heart cannot take it anymore. I cannot stand by and watch as you risk your life to protect mine, because my life is not worth protecting anymore…I should’ve ended myself that day, and to not let myself bother everyone again

It wasn’t worth it anymore…this pain, this agony, this hole inside my heart and soul…I couldn’t take it anymore…would it matter to anyone if I wasn’t here anymore? Who would cry? Who would stay up and remember me? Would anyone who cared? Would anyone who was my friend? Would anyone who…loved…me?

As I held you in my arms, I cried, and yet you said I wasn’t gonna be alone anymore for you were not dead, but close to it. I cried harder, and wished this was only a dream, a nightmare, that I could wake myself up from and see you here, alive and well…but it is to far away for me to grasp…

The rope I was hanging on to, to keep me here, had broken and I was falling into the blackened abyss of my heart that I created…never going to be free, never going to be saved, always going to be stuck there, until my end draws closer to me…

I will never forget about you…for you kept saying that I was never gonna be alone anymore…