Frost | Teen Ink

Frost

March 21, 2012
By Broken-Butterfly BRONZE, Yelm, Washington
Broken-Butterfly BRONZE, Yelm, Washington
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Shut up Anderson, you'll lower the IQ of the whole street."- Sherlock


Frost is on the window pane as the sun begins to rise. The dew on the fall leaves is white and cold to the touch. When sun shine finally stretches her sleepy fingers down to earth, bright colors skip out of the shadows to greet the new day. Birds stretch their stiff wings and take to the skies, their calls echoing in the lonely morning air. Morning Glories raise their proud leaves and embrace the sun with, if you look close enough, is a smile. All these things happen in a manner of minutes but there is no rush. Things simply flow together. Through all this a simple harmony seems to dance through the air, rustling the trees and waking the wind chimes. Early morning mist rises from the wet ground and chases the wind up and away. Most people see a cold, harsh ground and yawn, not taking the time to appreciate the wonder around them. Of course we are all guilty of that but if we all were to stop and not just smell the roses, but see the beauty that it sits among, the day would be a little easier.

The author's comments:
I was inspired by a sunrise, it is easy to use nature to get ideas. I love waking up to a new day, it makes the day seem more important.