Immortal | Teen Ink

Immortal

By Caydence BRONZE, Paw Paw, Michigan
Caydence BRONZE, Paw Paw, Michigan

WOW Life really does FLASH before your eyes

Sitting... wondering where the time flew by. Pitiless death is always unexpected, waking one up from a bright sunny day and having darkness crash upon him. He didn't need to accept the hand to his demise. He need not have pulled the trigger, ending the fragile existence of a confused high school boy. Even if he suffered from afflictions great and small and even if he put the barrel into his mouth, releasing the golden cord of mortality and transcending into the unknown. He is immortal, and he wasn't plundered by the murderous besieger of his mind. They say people who commit suicide find that the fire soars above their head as hell swallows them whole.
The only fire I see is the one glowing that same, awful shade of violet right in front of me. It's no coincidence that Kyler's tree has a pit that burns with purple fire. He watches over us as i speak, groaning with the regret that only he can find and overcome. the denial never entrapped him in the pit. He still exists and not only in our thoughts. He is immortal and he will wait until he can guide us into the sun whipped hills of forever. He will wait for his second chance, showing us hope and his message of apology and fear in his violet flame. All we have to do is feed it, give him reassurance. Promising that we will be immortal too.

Rest in Peace Kyler Allen English September thirteenth 2010. You will NEVER be FORGOTTEN.