To Me, For Me, By Me | Teen Ink

To Me, For Me, By Me

Ring

I’m sitting here looking at your grades and I’m appalled. Who are you becoming? You need a wake-up call and I’m here to give it to you.

Ring

You’re not you anymore. What happened to the girl who had perfect attendance? What happened to the girl who loved to excel? What happened to the girl who asked for extra credit... even though she already had an A+. What happened to the girl who argued with her teacher because she knew she was right. Who didn’t back down. Who debated, who conversated, who knew.

Ring

Where’s that girl... Because honestly this girl it boring. You sit in class and won’t say a word if you don’t have to. You don’t show up half the time. You don’t even think anymore. You’re getting a C- maybe even an F in English... ENGLISH! That used to be your favorite class.

Ring

Are you really gonna let a bunch of people box you up? Are you gonna let people tell you that you can’t do it? Are you gonna let people control who you are?

Ring

I don’t even know you anymore. Give me a call when you decide to wake up and come back.

Ring