Hanakotoba

Feel the warm wind blow
and caress your soft cheek.

Let the grass tickle your feet
and bask in the sun's glow.

Lie down in the meadow
and remember simple times.

Delicately bobbing their heads,
watch them sway with the breeze.

Such cheerful little faces,
peering out at the world.

Lower your head,
inhale their sweet scent.

Smile widely and
admire the creation.

Flowers speak truth,
hear what they say.

But many have forgotten,
the language of flowers.

So distinct each one,
carrying different intent.

Listen to the flowers,
their whispering words.

They express the emotions,
feelings that we cannot ourselves.

eternal_sunshine said...
Really nice piece. I love all of your poems about nature. They are well written and have such beautiful imagery. As the other comment said, I found this very warm. And I also enjoyed the subtle rhymes. Nice job :)

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:24 pm :
Thanks for commenting on my piece~ To be honest, I was worried that readers would tire of my nature centered poems.

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...

FIRST!

this is lovely, the imagery is just so warm and comforting, and i love the tie between humanity and nature.

Apr. 2, 2012 at 6:30 pm :
Cool, you're the first to comment! Thanks for getting my meaning---I wanted a poem to say that we should all remember the ways of the past, which was a simpler time, stop and smell the roses, if you will.

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile replied...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 6:36 pm :
Ya I totally hot that and I think that it's so clever.

Apr. 2, 2012 at 6:38 pm :
Thanks again for the feedback~