Windows by NamesKill. | Teen Ink

Windows by NamesKill.

February 28, 2012
By NamesKill. BRONZE, Plymouth, Other
NamesKill. BRONZE, Plymouth, Other
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
One of my favourites is......

'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.'
- Dr. Seuss


Shatter, pitter-patter. Won’t open, or close, it’s stuck, problems arose and its bad luck. Step on a black cat, walk under a ladder, got something wrong with you, because you can’t stop emptying your bladder. I try to sympathise, so I panic, I now do it naturally; it’s a bit of a habit. I try to put myself in other’s shoes, because even when I’m wearing my own I haven’t got a clue, so at least if I’m wearing somebody else’s shoes, I have a better reason… well really it’s more of an excuse. I brush myself off; tell myself I’m okay, think about having no fear, when really I’m petrified, even worse than afraid. I remind you that you’re not a parasite, you’re more like dynamite, and you’re fit to explode, but you find a way to retain some control. You think of yourself as a dino, when I see more of a rhino, in you. It is a façade, your pretend rough exterior, it seems like you have motives and they appear to be ulterior. I’ve made the assumption that you’re truly a good person, but if you don’t soon openly act that way, things will become over-complicated and your condition might even worsen. I’m only looking out for you, why do you not get where I’m at? I’m not discarding you like the others did, so please at least respect that.

The author's comments:
I used to write poems all the time, I tend not to have the chance anymore but occasionally I like to just play around. I came up with this by thinking of a really boring word, which in this case was the word 'Windows' and then continuously just inserted things that sprung to mind even if they have no relevance. I don't usually do so but I felt like intentionally for no reason whatsoever other than for the fun of it, I tried to slot in as many rhymes as possible without sounding too tacky (I hope). This was just a quick thing, that I wrote in a few minutes, I tend to take more time but I was bored and had a few minutes spare.

Hope you enjoy! Thanks, NamesKill. :)