Innocence lost | Teen Ink

Innocence lost

By Kayla_Marie SILVER, McDonough, Georgia
Kayla_Marie SILVER, McDonough, Georgia

-"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."
-"Don't be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams."

Her heart is caught
Her breathing shakes
Silently distraught
As her innocence breaks
Inch by inch
He took her youth
And in the act
She felt the truth
Her innocence is gone
It was such a mistake
He took from her all he could take
And a they lie in the aftermath
Him with a smile on his face
She lies there with unshed tears
And innocence lost with no hope to replace.

Your virginity is not something to take lightly. Don't make the same mistake as I did. Wait until your ready. I sure wasn't.

on Jun. 30 2012 at 9:19 am
ElizabethDenton01 PLATINUM, Clawson, Michigan

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.”
― Bob Marley

I absolutely love this. I was in this situation when I was little, and honestly, reading this is like being transported back in time.