Deemed Crazy By Interpretation

She wasn’t crazy by definition but she was deemed crazy by the interpretation of her viewers. She would sometimes put on two incompatible socks and wear her tattered cobalt jeans under her pink velveteen skirt and put her golden hazel hair into three different ponytails and wear her eye contacts under her rectangular sable glasses. Her face expression was always the same. A counterfeit smile with a feeling of isolation and dejection camouflaged in with her perky cheeks and contented grin. On some days she would clothe herself up as if she was an alluring princess in a faraway land who is in love with a majestic prince living in a large castle that supplied her with servants that were hers to dispose of. But other days, she would dress in baggy capacious sweats with a sweatshirt that was three sizes too large for her figure. She wasn’t a dancer but she carried the elegance of one. Always moving gracefully through the splintered hallways of her mom’s rundown apartment and climbing the stairs fluidly to an abandoned high-rise roof which she claimed hers. Her happiness wasn’t caused by handsome, strapping males or the hearing of gossip that had been changed and changed and then changed again. Her enjoyment of life was found in the little things. The mystical colors of a butterfly’s wing or the spellbinding scent of a freshly picked rose or the enchanting feeling of a newborn’s smoothed and polished and waveless skin. She never valued expensive handbags or sheeny diamond earrings or lofty high heels that women impelled themselves to fit into. Instead she valued classical archaic hand-written letters. The type a person would write to their lover in the 50’s written with actual ink on a piece of paper that would be enclosed with a genuine envelope. People thought it was eccentric. People thought it was unconventional. But for her it was her own nature. But for her it was her own disposition. She wasn’t crazy by definition but she was deemed crazy by the interpretation of her viewers but she didn’t care, not she did not...

onceuponastar said...
Mar. 28, 2012 at 7:13 pm:
Hey, this is really good! I loved the descriptions. My only suggestion is maybe spacing some things out so it's not just a paragraph? Also if you could check out some of my stuff :)

Winged.Living.Free.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:54 pm :

BRAVO! ONCORE!

~ Free :)(:

Unusual said...
Mar. 28, 2012 at 9:55 am:
This is great! where did you get the idea for it?

ImJustAGuy replied...
Mar. 28, 2012 at 7:32 pm :
the world is my inspiration 

I_aint_Juliet said...
Mar. 27, 2012 at 6:52 pm:
I know you have probably gotten this alot, but are you like a genius or something? When I read your writing it's like I'm transported somewhere else. keep writing, and keep reminding everyone why we write. It's a beautiful piece and I hope you are successful! Could you check out some of my work? thanks!

ImJustAGuy replied...
Mar. 28, 2012 at 7:32 pm :
Thank you so much !  check out my other piece ?

I_aint_Juliet replied...
Mar. 28, 2012 at 8:08 pm :
It's truely nice to see a guy write the way you do. where i live its guys play football and u cant get them to pick up a pencil. How long have you been writing? 

writer3499 said...
Mar. 27, 2012 at 3:06 pm:
This soooo good! The description was do in depth. This is awesome. if you have time could you check out some of my stuff...thanks  :)

SpreadUrWingzNFly said...
Mar. 21, 2012 at 5:02 pm:
Amazing, reminds me of a dear friend of mine, your description was clear as crystal and overall it was just cool the way you saw past the weirdness:) please help me out and read a few of my poems,

CharlesDickens said...
Mar. 21, 2012 at 2:02 pm:

This is more a list of things the focus character "is" and "is not," the description is excellent, but it is organized in a confusing way that does not use proper syntax.  This is something easily worked through, and a second draft of this would prove most interesting, (granted some extraneous details and superfluous words were cut.)

Despite all grammatical errors, it is apparent in your writing that you are an excellent poet. This was an enjoyable read, and I am grateful that it ... (more »)

falling-rain said...
Mar. 21, 2012 at 10:27 am:
hey this is really good. nice job, i'd like to read more of your work. :) keep writing like this and im sure you'll go far.. check out my work?:) anyway it was really interesting and i seriously enjoyed it :)

Sakumi said...
Mar. 19, 2012 at 5:28 pm:
Wow..... reminds me of a lot of my friends... (jk! I love yall ;) ) really well written! And is the second last not supposed to be no? (no she did not instead of not she did not? anyways, keep up the nice work!!! :D

ImJustAGuy replied...
Mar. 19, 2012 at 8:23 pm :
ya sorry.  it was supposed to be 'no'

Miranda_K. said...
Mar. 19, 2012 at 8:14 am:

The description you used is amazing.

When I read this I got a clear image of this girl. She has inner beauty as well as outer but people cannot look past her costumes to see what's there. She's an individual and not afraid to show it.

This is a fantastic piece.

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
Mar. 18, 2012 at 10:53 pm:
This is so interesting. What a great view and way to express individuality and the worlds reaction to it. Love it!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 18, 2012 at 2:40 pm:
Interesting tale of an individual---an different being. I liked it---it had a certain something~

ImJustAGuy replied...
Mar. 18, 2012 at 5:40 pm :
Thanks so much !  I love your work also.  Please help spread the word   

loveissmilesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:18 am :
This is once again beautiful. And breathtakingly so. You are an incredible writer. You have so much talent, it is hard to even try to talk about your work because it's so real, and perfect. The way you write reminds me why i still write even though people have told that i will get nowhere with it. Your going places, and they may not be beautiful, but all you have to do it write, and they will be worth remembering. :) If you could check out some of my other pieces it would really mean a lot ... (more »)

ImJustAGuy replied...
Mar. 19, 2012 at 8:23 pm :
Thanks, that means a lot