Because of You | Teen Ink

Because of You

By Udal1993 SILVER, Willimantic, Connecticut
Udal1993 SILVER, Willimantic, Connecticut

"Do I Dare Disturb The Universe?"

When I was introduced to you, I never would've guessed that someday you would be like my own flesh and blood. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd feel these things for you.
Over time, you became a very good friend to me. You taught me things about myself that I never knew or would've believed if anybody else had told me. But once you told me, I had no choice but to believe.
We are so alike we could be twins. You know so much about me and I know so much about you. Although we have our differences, those bring us closer together.
I don't know how you do it. When I'm sad, you lift me up, my tears running off me onto you.
When I'm angry, you pat the dirt off my back, my hot rage bouncing off your coolness.
When I'm tired, you let me rest my head on your shoulder, allowing me to find peace.
 You’re always there when I need you. You’re always with me where ever I go. You’re always available to me. I only wish I could be like you when you need me the most.
You are the best kind of person there is. You’re sweet, funny, and smart, the things nobody could live without in a best friend.
But you’re more than a best friend, you’re more like a brother, the one I never had, but always wanted and will always need.
This is all because of you.
Thank You

This is for the greatest person I have ever known. I cannopt imagine my life without you.