A Million and One Times | Teen Ink

A Million and One Times

By SarahPlaysBariSax GOLD, Wasilla, Alaska
SarahPlaysBariSax GOLD, Wasilla, Alaska

When buying a used car, punch the buttons on the radio. If all the stations are rock and roll, there's a good chance the transmission is shot. ~Larry Lujack

Too many of today's children have straight teeth and crooked morals. ~Unknown high school principal

Yeah, I know, I know. I've been told a million and one times. I know, trust me, I get the message. I won't do drugs, I won't fail school, don't worry about raising grand babies. Dad, I know you're just looking out for me... but I get it. I'm already 16. In these last 16 years you've done so much. You drove me to band practice, you made me dinners, you spanked my butt when I said a dirty thing, You went to work and worked in that grease just to get enough money to get us through. You've taught me to love. Taught me to think with intergrity. Taught me how to use my spirit and how to thrive on my own. I know, I know. You've heard it a million and one times. But dad, I am just about to be on my own. It's time to let go of my hand. I want you to know, you've done good by me and I can never repay you. I want you to be proud of me, like I am of you. I know, I know. I've said it a million and one times...but, I love ya pops.

Dads <3