Hello Tomorrow

Sure, it has been rough; medical bills, therapy bills, phone calls from school, doctor's notes, athletic gear getting dusty, love getting rusty, yells heard from across the block.... It's not my fault Mom... I swear.

Depression creeping in, pain clouding my thoughts, turning down my friends again and again... I'm sorry... It just hurts. The walls close in, there is no air left to breathe, nothing left to see, dark and alone... Don't mind the whimpering... I am afraid.

I am not the person I used to be. I cannot say I would have it either way; I know more now, but I was more then. Who knows who I will be tomorrow? Do not tell me.

It is my Life to learn.

It is my Life to lead.

It is my Life to love.

It is my Life to live.

I let the pain control me until now. I let the hurt speak. I let the sadness push its way forward. I let the fear stay.

No More.

No more will I sit on the sidelines. No more will I watch others succeed, while I cheer from the crowd.

I am who I am

That person will not take second place. That person will work until her fingers are bleeding and her are eyes dull. That person loves all those around her, no matter what. I am she.

I am who I am.

It is my Life to learn.

It is my Life to lead.

It is my Life to love.

It is my Life to live.

And I will not waste one more second on my past.

Goodbye Sorrow. Goodbye Fear. Goodbye Pain.

Hello Tomorrow.