Easier to Let Go | Teen Ink

Easier to Let Go

By live.love.learn. SILVER, El Cajon, California
live.love.learn. SILVER, El Cajon, California

The supreme prayer of my heart is not to be learned, rich, famous, powerful, or good, but simply to be radiant. I desire to radiate health, cheerfulness, calm courage, and good will. I wish to live without hate, whim, jealousy, envy, fear. I wish to be simple, honest, frank, natural, clean in mind and clean in body, unaffected - as ready to say I do not know, if it be so, and to meet all men on an absolute equality - to face any obstacle and meet every difficulty unabashed and unafraid.
I wish others to live their lives, too - up to their highest, fullest, and best. To that end I pray that I may never meddle, interfere, dictate, give advice that is not wanted, or assist when my services are not needed. If I can help people, I'll do it by giving them a chance to help themselves; and if I can uplift or inspire, let it be by example, inference, and suggestion, rather than by injunction and dictation. That is to say, I desire to be radiant - to radiate life.
-Elbert Hubbard

It was easier to let our friendship go
Easier for me to say "I’m done"
Easier to walk away
Easier to never look back

Things you said
Things I said
The only difference
I have no regret

Words you said
Left me thinking
How stupid must I be?
Slowly I looked to you

Only thing that made sense
To say “ok”
No more fight was left within
Your face showed utter shock

I had my satisfaction then
Though I had to go a step further

I deleted you from
My past
My present
My future

Suddenly relieved
Easier to let you go, it was
Leaving you breathless-emotionless
Took my stand

Easier to let you go
Easier to let I go
Easier to let us go

I was inspired by an experience that truly did happen. So I expressed my true feelings through this.

on Mar. 18 2012 at 12:19 am
HateKnuckle SILVER, Peru, New York
Nice. I prefer rhyme and rhythm but this was okay. Good message and quite applicable to me if I were to say that the anrrator was breaking up with a girlfriend.