I Don’t Want to This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Flowers bloom
In the garden
Of my mind,
Filling my imagination
With a menagerie
Of ideas,
Each a frenzied animal
Begging for release
From its cage.
I can barely
Breathe,
The excitement of
A future story
Still unwritten
Intoxicating
Every fiber
Of my frenetic being.
I lust for a pen and paper,
A keyboard beneath
My eager fingers,
As a recovering alcoholic
Yearns to have a
Chilled bottle of Chardonnay,
Or a wine glass
Brimming with brandy,
In their clammy hands.
But, alas!
I must control my urges,
Strong as they may be.
Sleep is essential right now.
But I know
It’ll be hours
Before my mind
Agrees to rest.
My tired body
Begs for slumber,
But it cannot be heard
Over the howling
Of the savage beasts
Finding refuge
In my synapses.
Ideas, whims, fantasies
Overtake every neuron,
Each screaming at me
With its own voice
Distinct and unique.
They plead for freedom
On screen
Or paper.
I try desperately
To silence them, to
Persuade the demons
To settle in
Until the
Approaching morning.
But they will not
Go gently.

CaptainFabulous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 17, 2012 at 2:44 am
i relate in so many different ways to this :) my brain will not sleep until i have every rhyme and stanza out of my head. at times i cant go without pen and paper until its written down because its too ingenous to forget lol great work! congrats on the MAG btw i rlly appreciate all the comments on my work. i didnt have internet or a pc of my own for a long time. otherwise i wouldve said thank you sooner :3

Sapphire1225This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
my thoughts exactly, but put into words!! the feeling I get when I've got millions of ideas erratically popping in my head! and the fear--- that I shouldn't forget any of them!! great job!! check out my work too!

Cinderdust said...
I really like this poem. The grammar and spelling is very good and I like the way this reads. Good job!

NickyJ said...
This is an amazing poem. It's not actually common that I like another person's work this much but this poem really hits the nail on the head.

5/5 superb.

WrittenEmotions said...
Oh, my... I- I love this so much! Finally I've found a beautifull piece of work that expresses how I feel when I want to write! No one could've said it better! This is amazing and so beautiful and true... I often lay in bed trying to quiet the words and thoughts and ideas screaming in my head, begging to be put down in my poetry journal, but it's always to no avail. No one can understand a poets mind but another poet, because our minds run deep and when we express ourselves, it's often times not... (more »)