R.M.S.Titanic

R.M.S.Titanic...
They called it the Ship of Dreams,
it sailed along like a tranquil reverie.
Some said it'll reach the States, some questioned it's destiny.
The dreaded night arrived at last. A powerful hand, a Demon's hand struck the sailing vessel, crushed it from the inside out, destroyed every single thing, sparing just a handful.
The mighty ship cleaved into half, plunging everything into the cold darkness of the infinite waters, plunging dreams, hopes, lives and love.
Titanic, a prisoner of fate, now lies underneath the Great Ocean, tranquil as when it first set sail, immortalizing a beautiful dream turned into a terrible nightmare...

necci said...
Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:55 am
wow very good

AnonymousLoveLetter said...
Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:11 am
This one is really good too. You use your words really well when it comes to setting scenes.

augustsummerflingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:11 am
Thank you, anonymous :)

Write4fun said...

Favorite line: "A powerful hand, a Demon's hand struck the sailing vessel, crushed it..." Displaying the iceberg as a demon's hand, crushing the ship? Great writing, augustsummerfling!

If this interests you, I was in my school's Titanic: The Musical production. I cried during the show. :)  There was a song that went, "Ship of Dreams!", so I could relate that to your poem.

Powerful verbs; powerful writing; descriptive. It's no head-scratcher why you recieved sixty comments.

Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:23 am
thanks so much for the comment :D even I'm fond of that line :) I'm such a titanic fanatic !! though it was a very tragic incident, it really captures my attention and I'm very much drawn to anything that has to do with the ship. and the movie... just too good!

Kateloveshim13 said...
This is great! :)  KEEP WRITING

thank you ;)

hypermagical said...
Jun. 2, 2012 at 5:36 am
I like this poem for it's imagery, but I'd like to point out that RMS Titanic was not a sailing ship.

Sapphire1225This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:59 am
was not a sailing ship? I dont really get you... anyway glad you liked it :)

hypermagical replied...
Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:25 am
oy, sorry 'bout that! i meant that it didn't actually have sails. of coure it was a sailing ship!

understood ;)

Allicat001 said...
Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:34 am
This is a great poem, very well written!

Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:06 am
thank you :) :)

rebeccaquill123 said...
This is really good! Amazing choice of words. I really like it! :) Great job!

Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:22 am
Thank you :)

hippiechick99 said...
Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:42 am
I really liked this poem, though I've never reallyy been much of a titanic fan. Still I liked the imagry and passion.

Glad you liked it :)

Triumphant said...
Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:08 am
This was beautifully constructed !

Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:54 am
thank you!

WrittenEmotions said...
Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:06 am
I really enjoyed reading this, it was really beautiful^^ I adore the movie and you captured me with the words you used. So pretty! Can you check out all the rest of my work and leave comments? Thanks dear! Keep writing!!!!