Listen | Teen Ink

Listen

February 10, 2012
By LizDBurr BRONZE, Portland, Oregon
LizDBurr BRONZE, Portland, Oregon
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Listen
Listen to your life. What is well and what has fell. What is mean and what's obscene. What you can change and what stays strange. Listen to nights and listen to the fights. Listen to the glisten or you'll be missin'. Listen to the things that went wrong and listen to your song. Listen to what you have become, and listen to what you will become. What you will become is a strong beautiful person, if you just listen. Listening is the key to a successful life. Life is queer with its twists and turns, but if you listen during the detour, you will learn everything you need to know to get you through them. You can do anything you want to. What you think becomes reality. Listening is believing. What you allow in your head, takes over your opinions and your being. Listen to what you believe, not what people perceive. Listen to the tears dropping to the ground, instead of the girls talking around. Listen to the truth, instead of things with no proof. Listen to what you have to say, instead of what you have to pay. Listen to your own life; instead of other's strife.