A Million Golden Strands | Teen Ink

A Million Golden Strands

By LindseyC22 BRONZE, Wappingers Falls, New York
LindseyC22 BRONZE, Wappingers Falls, New York

My idea of heaven is a world where a million golden strands, thin as silk, continue to glisten as if they had no intention of ever becoming dull
They would float with a feather’s grace, yet be strong enough to withstand gravity’s pull, bearing no weight on the world
Like sunbeam streamers whisking in the wind, they would scatter through the air
Leading an endless trail of which anyone could catch sight of, on any given day, if they looked hard enough, or allowed themselves to believe.
Together the golden strands would fly with the wind, tumbling across mountain tops, soaring over sapphire seas, fluttering atop supine forests, flowing freely, without the slightest care in the world,
Leaping in the name of faith.
Each strand, with its golden finish, would make a unique impression, some wavy, some curled, some pin straight, some brilliantly reflective, others with a matte finish, all completely different, all with the same sole purpose.
There would be trust in the motions, in the movements, in the wistful reverie of the travel
Each memory would make a golden imprint, moments everlasting and unforgettable.
A million optimistic beams of hope, always thriving, continuously dreaming
A million opportunities to catch a glimpse at the subtle seed of beauty and bliss
A million chances to revive passion, when it seemed like all hope was lost forever.
A child catches a luminous golden strand rolling in the wind, her delightful smile illustrating the golden depths of her heart, all too precious to be divulged just yet
And twirling the golden ribbon between her fingertips, she peers into this strand of hope and catches sight of her own glistening reflection,
As she takes comfort in a deep, warm breath that never quite escapes,
She feels a swelling in her heart that fills her soul with a soft, glowing light
An indescribable feeling of purely incredible beauty
She’s found love, in all of its glory, in all of its forms, a love to be nurtured and shared
She’s found a love that she will never forget, a feeling that will last forever
She’s found her heaven.

This poem was inspired by a chat that I had with a young girl that I mentor. I am always continuously inspired by her maturity and deep thoughts.