Super | Teen Ink

Super

By SPAZ-ATTACK SILVER, Claremont, California
SPAZ-ATTACK SILVER, Claremont, California

"Showing off your stupidity can be cool!" (Baka and Test)
“I’m not an genuine idiot like you! I’m an idiot that accepts the fact that I’m an idiot!" (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)

If you could have any power you wanted, what would you choose?
Do you want to fly?
Do you want super-strength?
Invisability?
Super-speed?
Well, I have a superpower.
And before you say anything, no. No, it is not anything I just listed.
I'm no Superman.
I'm no Marvel character or DC Comics.
I have all the power I need.
The power to control someone.
To be specific; I can control MYSELF.
I can yell for my beliefs to be heard. Isn't that the same as flying around in neon-colored spandex?
I can hug and kiss and love someone. Is that less then what Superman or Batman can do?
I can stop someone from doing suicide by my own actions. "You may be one person to the world, but to someone out there, you are the world." Does that mean I just saved the world?
I can dream as big as I want. Do I get a cape for that?
I can be a defender against those who are racist towards my friends and family. In that retrospect, didn't I just do as much as someone with laser-vision could do?
If I decide to NOT ruin my life with drugs, alcohol, and smoking, then am I saving the future? Even if it's "just" mine?
If I was to baby-sit a child, then wouldn't I be protecting them?
If I was to tie myself to a tree in order to stop the lumberjacks, then would I be making just as big of a difference as Posion Ivy might? (Even if she was a supervillian)
Was I to pull the winning point in the game, am I saving the team? Do I get a mask?
I can stand up for myself, if so, where's my comic-book?
I can study, become smart, go to a good college, and get a good career. I just became all I very well may need to be. Isn't Bruce Wayne doing the same by being Batman?
I am no going to let whatever disease or disorder or medical condition get in the way of living my life. It is just as much luggage as a secret idenity may be, something to carry around, perhaps forever., then do I need a Medal of Valor too for fighting the fight of and for my life?
I stand before you, the readers, the world, the fictional and nonfictional, to ask one thing...
Aren't we all as strong as Superman in our way?
The answer?
YES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE.