Ugly is Life

H*** rips open.
The d***ed suck the marrow dry.
Maggots they all are

All the wh***s-

All the sinners-

All the hypocrites and liars a like.

Father dear,
Mother dearest
Condemned us all
Under false pretenses-
Under whim-
Under blame-
Under hate.

Who knows?
Who cares?
The damage is done,
and undoable.

So now I’m trapped here,
In this box
as it gets smaller and smaller.
Just waiting-

Begging-

Yearning
For the day I finally suffocate.
To join the free in eternal rest

Free of all the pain of living-

Free of all the torment of feeling-

Free of all the never-ending agony of these chains that confine us all.

But for now I ache…

Josika.Nav said...
May 19, 2012 at 1:18 am:
very powerful and strong. i like the tone of disgust and the dark depth. awesome piece and keep writing !

snowleopard100 said...
May 7, 2012 at 8:00 pm:
The intensity of this poem still hasn't sunk in yet. Each word is powerful and in saying this, the whole message is "uber-powerful" (if that was a word). Anyway, ncie job man!!

BucketFillerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:16 am:
Wow, very profound and gutsy, I like it al lot.  I like the strong words you used, they really helped to pack the punch of the meaning in this poem.

dreamshakerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 10, 2012 at 11:22 am:
wow. this was really powerful.

I loved it - I think I've said this before, but it's true: you have a tremendous amount of talent.

applesauceHater said...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:49 pm:
I don't know what to say:(and that's sad because for someone like you  to have such writing skills, you deserve no less. This poem is powerful and slaps some truth in peoples face. You have some very neat writing powers!

asofnowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 4:06 pm:
This is really good but the beginnning left me confused and the ending really tied everything together.

FutureSceneQueen said...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 3:00 pm:
This is really good. you have a beautiful talent :)

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:36 am:
It's an intense poem---the word choice leaves me impressed, especially the last ten or so lines. The only thing I would suggest is that you start the poem with "All the sinners--." I just think it would grab the reader more. Since you've been censored, I was a little confused in the beginning of the poem. But great job otherwise~

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:27 pm:
darn-I just realized I was censored well just incase it's hard to figure out which I'm sure it isn't the words are: -H. E. ll -däMñed -wH0rę

loveissmilesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:19 am :
I will admit that i had to read this a few times. Not because it was confusing or hard to undstand, but because they is something in the way it was written that grabbed hold of me and refused to let go. I love the idea, and the way it was conveyed, just wish you hadn't been censored, i think it would have really added to the dramatic effect of the piece. But that's not something you can change.

Kinzi replied...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:04 pm :

Whoo. loveissmiles put it very well. Had to read that few times.. but not because it was  hard to get, but because there's something about it that makes you really try and think. 

Awesome. Really loved the word choice as well.

JackTElliott replied...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 2:27 pm :
This is pretty good, I can tell you have alot in your head. Keep it up! (PS, mind checking out my poem Isolation? I really want some feedback thanks :P)

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile replied...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 5:18 pm :
ya ill be happy to and thank you all for the feedback its so greatly appreciated 

Mar. 19, 2012 at 9:13 am :

Behind_a_plastic_smile:

I already commented on this one. :)

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Mar. 29, 2012 at 8:48 am :
Wow, amazing! So much talent! Great Job! I read it twice, Lol!