Silent War

Limits they call them.
Reality they say.
Just more propaganda to control the stem cells of society

To turn us into mindless zombies,
Riding the way of conformity
That crashes against the shores of our laziness.
Drowning the fighters

And the dreamers

And the freethinkers

The drone of their hunger rings in our ears.
The taste of our blood drips from their mouths.

With each passing day we lose a member.
With each passing month we lose a battle.
With each passing year we get closer and closer to losing the war.

ShannonLil99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:08 am:
Really good :) Its original and relatable... Nice work!

Sairalinde_Lossehelin said...
May 23, 2012 at 1:28 pm:
I really like your writing style. Can definately feel the emotion and the message is clear in all of your writings. Great job.

TheWeirdPoet said...
May 14, 2012 at 9:53 pm:
I love this one. It is writing I can very much relate to my own. I enjoy seeing the fact that someone else is able to interpret the world the way I do.

TheWeirdPoet said...
May 14, 2012 at 9:53 pm:

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:12 am:
Wow, that is great!  I didn't see anything that needs improvments, very good job 5/5!

AlaskaFrost This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Another awesome poem!! Again, here's another poem with a powerful message. My favorite part is the middle section. I'm bookmarking this poem only because TeenInk won't let me favorite anymore poems, but I'll try to see if I can get another one on there. Again, AMAZING job!!

Simply Ciara said...
I love this poem. I made it one of my favorites and I also rated it 5 stars

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 31, 2012 at 10:28 am:
I love the description here! I don't totally understand what it's talking about though. Then again, I don't always know what I'm talking about. Anyway, nice work!

eternal_sunshine said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:51 pm:
This is awesome! I had to add it to my favorites. I agree with the other reviewer who said it felt like a song. It flowed so well it began to pick up a rythm in my mind. The ending was especially powerful. Nice job!

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 25, 2012 at 3:26 pm:
awww this is great. I want to hear this turned into a punk rock song. It practically is already. \m/

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 25, 2012 at 3:26 pm :
Sorry, I just read it again and had to mention. Please put to music. 

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile replied...
Mar. 25, 2012 at 4:19 pm :
I think that would b way cool but I'm not really good at writying my own music

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Mar. 29, 2012 at 8:50 am :
This is great! And I understand about putting it into a song, it is hard for someone who dont quite know how..Lol! But thats ok..;)

NickyJ said...
Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:45 pm:

Reminds me of those Sci-Fi doomsday prediction novels. You know, Dystopia and all that.

Very Stark image I must say. Quite unsettling.

TatielThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 16, 2012 at 5:25 pm:
I really like this. Deffinitely relatable! Your word choices are awesome...=)) *claps*

dreamshakerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 10, 2012 at 11:20 am:
this was lovely - the message was great.
I really enjoyed reading it. You have a lot of talent. :)

Mar. 10, 2012 at 2:15 am:
I feel like this is a good interpritation of how it feels to be a teenager. Stem cells is an awesome metaphor, and the rhythm near the end is super punk. Love this. 

Kinzi said...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:01 pm:

This is really quite good! I liked the way you put it. Especially liked the image of the shore... 

I wonder, what would you say if someone said that there are times in life where you HAVE to conform?

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile replied...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 7:54 pm :

Kinzi-

Can you give me an example? To me you should never conform, but i'd like to c the other side of it.

Kinzi replied...
Mar. 7, 2012 at 1:41 am :

Well I can't speak as much for places like the United States as I haven't lived there/been there enough to really see... but definitely being a person who gets to see and experience different kinds of cultures, and who lives in the Middle East helps. Where I live for example, if you look so different, or act so different because you don't want to conform, you often will not be taken seriously. It's stupid, I know, but if you walk into the bank looking a little ragged, you're likely to get les... (more »)