Headphones

The volume may hurt my ears
But I like it better that way
It hurts less than
The words I hear without my headphones
I can change my world from dark eyes and murky water
To blue skies and unexplainable giggles
I can be happy
While everyone else is on their breaking point
And they wonder why
I don't pay attention
They ask me why
I don't know what's happening around me
It's just because
I don't like what my world turns into
When I take my headphones out

Blackrosechick said...
Feb. 22, 2012 at 7:20 am
This is very well written. This can definetly relate to a lot of people. Like when you listen to your loud music with your headphones on, you just shut out the world. Blocking out the pain that the world brings. I totally can relate. Keep writing! ;)

FULLSTOP said...
Feb. 22, 2012 at 4:26 am
definitely. headphones on... world out. i know the feeling. i agree that it might not flow that well, but it has some powerful words. xxx please check out some of my poems xxx

WolfConspiracy said...
Please keep your comments positive and constructive. We'll remove anything inappropriate. Thanks!

IntrepidRose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It doesn't flow as well as I'd like a poem to while I'm reading it, but you've got something here. Keep writing. I love the topic. It is true. Music is sometimes a better way to breathe.

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I can definitely relate---outside noise sometimes bugs me. With my headphones, I can just relax into soulful sounds, alternative rock and pop punk:)

AngelGraham said...
Feb. 21, 2012 at 11:58 am
that is so true. i mean if it wasnt for music i would be drowned in this immoral world. i guess music dispite what type it is proves to be the way everyone exscapes the hell we call reality