Just Say Yes | Teen Ink

Just Say Yes

By imnotmuchapoetbutacriminal BRONZE, Saint Louis, Missouri
imnotmuchapoetbutacriminal BRONZE, Saint Louis, Missouri

When I graduate high school, I want to be with the one I'll spend forever with. She'll stay with me until she graduates, and we'll get married. We'll go to different colleges, but we'll still be true to each other. I'll graduate and get a job as a detective. I'll work my way up until I'm with the BAU. She'll graduate and do what she loves, no matter what the pay, because she knows that I'll always... support her in everything she does. While I'm in college, I'll have a job that I'll save the money from and buy a house in the country where it seems like the sun never sets. She'll move in with me when she's done with college. We'll have a kid or two, and we'll watch them grow up, making sure we're different than the parents we had. We'll raise them with love, and support them in their choices, remembering that they are still our kids, no matter what they want to do with their lives. We'll watch them grow up and live their lives, hoping they don't make the same mistakes we did. We'll show them all our love and affection, no matter their flaws, because we know we were kids like them. When they're gone, we'll spend our days watching the sun set, wondering how our youth seemed to drag on, but our kids' youth went so fast. I know we can make this happen. But first... Just... Say... Yes.

I've grown sick of pointless "relationships." I wrote this poem hoping that the girl I truly care about will read it and realize that she feels the same way.