My Brothers | Teen Ink

My Brothers

By Dreamer51 BRONZE, Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
Dreamer51 BRONZE, Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there's footsteps on the moon.<3

Together forever, never apart maybe in distance, but never in heart. They are always there to make me laugh, even in my darkest moments. I can't help but look back to the times when I needed them the most and they were right by my side. The question has popped up alot, "which one do you like more?" My response, " I love them both equally with all my heart" I can't stand to even look back and think of a time without them. They are my foundation and without them I would not be where I am today. Whether they were there to cheer me up and make me miserable I appreciate the time I spend with them, because one day they might not be there anymore.

I wrote this because the other day, I was sitting with my uncle and my aunt. I was talking to my uncle about this website and how I had work published, because in my family, it's a great achievement, and I told him I like to right poetry. He asked me what I like to write about and I read him one of poems. " Does that answer it?" I told him I wanted to submit another piece but I didn't know what to write about. My brothers were playing loudly in the other room, and he told me "write about your brothers" and at first I was totally against the idea, then I started thinking and came up with this.