Basic Grammar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

It’s never too late until
You’re living a day ahead of everyone else,
Clocks arguing with the sun and the satellites and the calendars
And the coffeemakers and the microwaves and their popcorn,
And all of the general order and chaos in between.
Life itself would fall to pieces,
A carefully manufactured program and agenda shredded
Along with old bank bills
(Identity theft is a growing crisis)
Letting words and letters mingle:
Monday is introduced to Friday by Tuesday,
And Sunday decides that it likes Wednesday better than Saturday,
Meanwhile Tuesday and Thursday decide to become the one and only
Thussertuday
(Leaving 11.11 without significance.)
It’s the only way to forget that Sunday still comes after Saturday –
So learn to use a sundial (it can’t be brainwashed)
And remember the popcorn!
Because it’s never too late
Until you’re living a day ahead of everyone else.
Those five minutes add up.

Kiyoko This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 29, 2011 at 11:09 am
I really like this. Do you think that maybe it could be stronger without the first two lines? What do those two lines contribute to the poem? Just something to keep in mind. 

dancechik said...
weird and bizzare and amazing <3

~Reaa.Mae~ said...
Haha Genius! :D <3
Great Poem :P

pandora said...
okay, redemptionn65- poetry doesn't HAVE to have rhyme or reason; a lot of the time poems are the raw emotions put forth by the writer. Might I also point out that YOU need to 'let your words flow', seeing how the grammar in your comment was incorrect.

JerseyGurrl_ 17 said...
hey i agree with the last commenter if you juss let ur thoughts flow it will b a lot better...... and if you type it you will be abl tu get your feelings out faster

Redemptionn65 said...
I know I am not dumb, but I cannot make sense of this poem. I think I am beginning to get it, but before you start writing poems in such a weird format as this, you need to have your words flow.

mickeymouse101 said...
I liked this poem, because it took a while for me to make sense of it. I enjoy writers that give a little more meaning in there work. Keep writing!

ak92092 said...
i loved this poem
but i think your poem would be so much better if you took out the parentheses and the words in them it detracted during my reading.

tweedle dee said...
wow i really like this i like the chaos and i love how you cant really understand it but in a good way even when you look really hard new possibilitys come to mind! love it tons!!!

just3words said...
Nov. 2, 2008 at 12:05 am
I really love this poem, especially since right now everything is hectic and i have no time for all the work to do.