The slap of life

In the brightly-lit house
I walk through the halls
She is here
where we still laugh and wish
but there is a wall

This is not mine to have,
the delicious fragility of this travesty
is tinged with sorrow
bitterness and regret now

On life's present
I tie the ribbon in a foolish way
we crashed together
then drifted apart, barely united
I walk away

Mr.packerbear12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I thought that this was a pretty well written poem, had good imagery as well. This reminded me of the poem "Mending Wall" by Robert Frost.

CraftyCinamatic said...
I love your wording in this. There is so much emotion, I almost thought this was about death before reading the comment. I can relate to this feeling of losing people in your life.
Good work, keep it up :>

KatsK This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! Somehow, whenever I get the email that someone commented, I always have a secret, somewhat irrational fear that it's going to be horrible (thankfully, most of the time it isn't). I used a writing prompt for this, but the feelings and setup are my own. Obviously, as this year we're going to high school, we'll just remain awkward friends-I'm sure I'll be a third wheel often. At least I have stuff to look forward to, right?