Confessions of a Gun

The twitch of a finger
Can pull back my trigger
And shape a pair of lifeless eyes.
My sorrow's pang
Goes off with a bang,
And I watch as another dies.
The hands that hold me
Are the ones that control me
And use me against my will.
But they don't give a damn,
I am what I am.
I only live
To kill.

kandiheart said...
May 17, 2012 at 4:17 pm:
This is so amazing! A lot of people don't realize guns were made to kill and it's refreshing to hear something that doesn't worship the weapon but talks about its actual purpose. I loved the rhyme scheme and the word choice. I'm glad it wasn't too long, it got staright to the point! Sorry I keep going on, I just feel like good poems deserve praise :)

Padfoot507 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 22, 2012 at 7:23 pm :
thanks so much kandi! it really means a lot :)

LoveEternally said...
May 6, 2012 at 9:25 pm:
i love your poem!!! good job :D new favorite :D

May 6, 2012 at 9:27 pm :
thank you so so much!! :) you're amazing!! :D

laurenmay123 said...
May 5, 2012 at 8:53 pm:
Woah. This was actually pretty impactful. You have a great rythum in your poetry, and I love your word choice. Each word seems really well thought out. great job :)

May 6, 2012 at 9:19 pm :
thanks so much :) it means a lot! ill check out some of your stuff too! ;)

KestrelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 2, 2012 at 6:45 pm:
Great job! Definitely a new favorite.

May 2, 2012 at 7:45 pm :
aw shucks, thank kes :)

KestrelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 2, 2012 at 7:47 pm :
Aw, anytime padfoot. :-)

JosieFrost said...
Woah this was awesome...extremely captivating!!

May 2, 2012 at 7:45 pm :
thanks so much! :)

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:06 pm:
*shiver* Wow, that is truly incredible. It's voice is low and deadly and dangerous, possibly a bit cavalier as well. 

May 6, 2012 at 9:22 pm :
thanks star, it means a lot that my poem can make you use a word like cavalier :D

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
May 7, 2012 at 6:48 pm :
Haha, awesome :)

Silver2blackThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:35 pm:
Wow, Very good Pad, I absolutely love the ending !

May 6, 2012 at 9:23 pm :
thank you silver! :)

-Ash- said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:46 pm:
wow! this is really good Pad! 5/5 :D

Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:37 pm :
thanks ash ;)