Friend

Friend –
Maybe it’s something
I’ve never called you;
That taste is strange to the
Both of us.
Unspoken agreements make up
The most of our relationship
But nonetheless,
It’s what you are to me –
My friend.
How sad I’d be
Without your childish complaints,
How alone I’d be
Without your stupid smiles.
The world can forget about me –
What matters is that I have you,
And forever in my heart
You will stay.

AngelsKiss This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 10, 2012 at 8:45 am
Short, but to the point I like this very much, it expresses your emotion and that is all to be needed, please read and comment on some of my poems:)

zadiekatie23 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Wow, thanks for commenting! I'm glad you like it. I will definitely look at some of your work! :)

laurensoccer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this poem. You have a very distinct quality to your voice throughout the poem that gives it structure and shows who you are as a writer. Keep Writing!!!! I would really appreciate it if you could check out and comment on some of my work. Thanks!!!!

Hey, thanks for reading my poem and thanks for the compliment! :) I will put you on my list and go to your page when I have the chance!

Paramour13 said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:42 am
This is really nice :) I think others can relate this to their own feelings with their close friends! I like it. Check out some of my work? :)

Hey, thanks for commenting! I will definitely check out your stuff! :)