Giving Up | Teen Ink

Giving Up

By Jazmen BRONZE, Phx, Arizona
Jazmen BRONZE, Phx, Arizona

"I'm twice the fool. 1 for falling in love and 2 for saying so "

I can’t. I’m so tired. I can’t go outside without something bringing up memories, sweet heart breaking memories. Losing you was like losing a part of me. Now it’s me against the world again. The only one I could talk to. The one I looked up to, the one who promised to never leave as he walked away. I try to forget you, you and all of your promises, all of your lies. You gave me false hope because you gave me false love.
Walk through life with my torn and twisted heart in my hands. Asking for help but no one seems to care. So I’ll take my rusted sewing needle and old rigid string and try to sew my heart back together. Fix it myself. That’s the slither of hope I have, until the string breaks then I’ll just give up, give up on love and hope and happiness. Hearing the snaps of the string as day by day a piece by piece it withers off. Running out of time, running out of patience I might as well give up on you, us, love.

I don't no why I came up with this. I just felt sad and started writing. I guess I have some kind of grief I'm not properly dealing with.