Glass Floor | Teen Ink

Glass Floor

January 25, 2012
By SchiZo GOLD, Springtown, Texas
SchiZo GOLD, Springtown, Texas
11 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
I live at the speed of my mind, and love with the strength of my heart. I am happier than I have ever been. But only because i know where i have been.
-Corey Taylor


A glass floor so sweet, so serene. A perfect balance between me and the black beneath. 
I walk and feel the smoothness under my feet, a cool, almost marble, feel to it. White is all around me, and I keep walking towards nothing, an abyss too thick to see through.
Then I hear the cracks, and I hear it shift. I walk slowly and listen to it break further. With each step it mimics mine and shoots under my feet. The black is now black and gray clouds, rolling under me. It booms beneath me. Lighting jumps from cloud to cloud, a bit of hide and seek.
I follow the cracks further, and I hear the pieces falling. I see the hole in the glass floor, black merging with white, and then I fall through.


The author's comments:
I had been thinking about a dream I had, when it made me think of a glass floor, and the events that came to mind was this. I'm not sure why I thought of it as such.