Scene one: RUSH | Teen Ink

Scene one: RUSH

By antoniafitz SILVER, Byron Center, Michigan
antoniafitz SILVER, Byron Center, Michigan

"Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience." -Victoria Holt

Dim, the faint glow of the TV screen. Backs pressed hard against the frame of the pink and blue, and orange bunk beds. Silence. She swallows. He inhales. Both stare straight in the direction of the television, a cartoon boy appears on screen and the two let out nervous laughs. She moves her hand, places it on top of his jean covered leg. Silence, again. This time, the atmosphere holds heavy. "Is this OK?" she questions. He whispers out an almost incoherent yes. She taps her fingers against his leg before sliding it up. He takes a deep breath as her fingers trace the front seam of his pants. Lightly and slowly. She looks at him, he's closed his eyes. Concentrating on the feeling slowly growing in him. "Harder." he requests. She presser her hand down more, he continues to fall slowly into his own mind. Her heart pounds against her chest. She can hear it, echoing in her ears. Can he hear it too? Does he realise that she's just as scared as he is? Doesn't he know that she has feelings too?