Sad Suicide

Suicide. The words fall down from my tongue,to my lips, and slither down into the coldness of the floor. Suicide, where so many compare it to saying goodbye, the last straw, the lost sign of struggle, I compare it to long, honey-blond curls. To the sweet smell of fruits and mint. To the ever-so-permanent color of fuchsia. Suicide. Those clear blue eyes always looked up at me with such sorrow. Glowing tears hiding behind them. A thousand words that had been silent finally played their song. Finally broke their quiet. Suicide, the sound of the word reminds me of bell-like laugh. Of clear, porcelain skin. Of her love for cookies. How I got my nickname. As I say the word, I feel her arms wrap around me. A bear hug. A thank you hug. Could it have been a goodbye? How long have those sapphires of eyes known that they would no longer shine? How long did that sweet, sweet fragrance of fruits and mint know that it would no longer linger in this world? How could I not see how deep in her own pain she was? She was my panda bear. I was her cookie. I let her down. I let her go. Suicide, to so many a mistake, to me a thief. The one who took my friend. My panda. My Amanda.

Florboricua said...
Excelent work! I am one of your ant's social psychology students and I'm glad she told us about your passion for reading & writing. You write with such a feeling it envolves you into the scripts and make you a part of it from the inside. I would also like to see more of your writing. God bless you!

Madeline said...
Feb. 1, 2012 at 6:36 am
You are so smart. Im so proud of you and Luife too!!!

chucky said...
Beautiful...we can feel your pain, but more than that we feel the love. I hope, that thru your words others understand that they too are very loved by someone, by many and realize that life is worth living.

moms friend said...
It is awesome!! You are very talented....just like your Mom!! I am so proud of you. I would love to see more of your work.

chucky replied...
I am so proud of her, she amazes me every day with enlightenment and wisdom beyond her years.

Alimonshta replied...
Thank you!! :D

holagirl78 said...
Jan. 31, 2012 at 8:24 am
I really like this poem, it's so sad what the world has turned into. This poem is flipped around for me though, I feel like Amanda

Alimonshta replied...
Thank you! and I am sorry to hear that, but please dont give up!! there are many people out there that care for you! never forget it!

JustFriends939 said...
i know what it's like to feel that way i almost lost one of my friends and they almost lost me to it.

Alimonshta replied...
Well, I am glad that the both of you still have each other! :))

yesenia68 said...
Really sad, but beautifully written. I'm sorry for your loss. But through your words I can feel the emptiness left behind with your details.

JustFriends939 replied...
but this is beautifully written

Alimonshta replied...
Thank you! :))