Broken Soul

I bare my soul to the world
And watch with downcast eyes
As they circle around it like sharks
As they study it with a critical eye.
They point out the flaws,
Overlook its shining qualities,
And pick it apart
Piece by piece
Until it is full of holes
And shines no more.

They leave me alone
With a broken soul.
Then you come along
And fill the gaps
With love,
Compassion,
Tenderness.
My heart soars
And I am whole again.

In_Love_with_WritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is perfect! nice job! Can you comment and rate some of my work?

SilentlyRising replied...
Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:44 pm :
Thanks!  And I will definitely do that, if only for the reason that we have the same profile picture.  It really confused me at first.  I was like, "What?  I don't remember commenting on my own work..."  Thought I was going crazy for a second, but I will look at some of your stuff.  Anything in particular?

In_Love_with_WritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:33 pm :
You can look at anything that catches your interest or that you think you'll like best. Thanks! And wow! I didn't expect ANYONE to have the same pic as me. Wow, that was not expected . . .

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:44 am:
THis is so true!! You captured a writer/ artists fear and feelings on their work being critized. 5/5!