Lost Hope

Thin, deformed bones
sticking out dejected, rejected
Hunger feeds on their hope until
Nothing
is left, but waiting, anticipating, expecting the certain
Death that awaits them.

Charity, but what is that
given, when it has been
Discarded?
Giving no longer a
feeling that consumes you in its
Warmth,
but now it has long been tinged with
Reluctance, a tiring chore too forgotten, so
Tedious
in its goodness to be
appreciated, done.

We have plenty,
yet we have nothing. In a
Lost world, you are alone if you cannot
help.
Do not expect Life to guide you
right, when you find you have gone
left.
I cry when I think of you,
selfish and self-centered as
You are, in your
Greed.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:27 am:
great. totally amazing. how can you write like that every time?  p.s: I'm from India too though I only visit there. are we very oddly similar or what?

kate12345meThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 29, 2013 at 8:38 pm :
Um, freaky?! I guess I just write...I don't know, I don't overthink it. Although, must admit, I am forever finding faults within my work lol...anyway, we should totally become friends! By the way, my name's Soumya, yours?

Tornado M. said...
Mar. 21, 2012 at 7:54 pm:
touching. but I think the description means more than the poem to me...

May 26, 2012 at 10:13 pm :
Okay, now I'm actually on Cloud 9. You're so sweet! And yeah, I'm Indian and I see this stuff every year when we go to visit family. It's pretty crappy that no one cares and it takes someone who doesn't even technically belong their (i.e. me) to make a difference. I love these kids, though, they're adorably strong. x

Tornado M. replied...
May 27, 2012 at 1:47 pm :
:) I often visit my parent's home in Africa and I often see similar scenes. I wish I were able to write about it as beautifully as you though. XD You're really good.