Wishing | Teen Ink

Wishing

By xKayBear BRONZE, Woodhaven, Michigan
xKayBear BRONZE, Woodhaven, Michigan

"Don't ever lie or take part in a lie. It only causes pain."

"Have you ever sat in a lush, grass field in the middle of the night looking up at the stars that shine down on you? The thoughts that rage through your mind comsume you, though you still gaze at one of the beauties of this world. You smile at one of the thoughts that the stars bring to you, you move your eyes around, looking at different places of the mysterious sky. Your eyes wander farther out into the atmosphere. Oh look! A shooting star! It flies by with great beauty, ashtonishing you. "Whenever you see a shooting star you make a wish and hope it comes true." Your mothers words scurry through your head. Make a wish? What kind of wish? You begin to think hard. Then your eyes widen and your smile becomes bright. You close your eyes, biting your lower lip, making the wish that your counting on. The shooting star lifts off into the universe's night sky. You open your eyes, then look down at the beautiful field, the wind beginning to sway the grass. You stand up and smile at the sky, your eyes look around for the star that just might make your life truly happy. Then you walk away, with hope in your heart."

All you can do is wish and hope.