Too Late To Care

The world is burning,
And not with fresh dawn.
While the trees glow orange
To your room you've withdrawn,
As helpless in bed
As a motherless fawn.
Still, the fire is growing.
Still, it's claimed your front lawn.
Still, you ignore it.
Still, you lie back and yawn.
Still, safety's not something
You can turn off and on.
When death knocks at your door
You don't fake quite such brawn
'Cause you're burning too,
Lights out, you're gone.

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Though the theme is all serious and I really apprecitate it...funnily enough the first time I read it, it reminded me of the students who procrastinate work for days and then exams have arrived and they're done for,.... :P

EPluribusUnum This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Procrastination could definitely fit under the umprella this poem is directed out :P Thanks a bunch for all your feedback, I really appreciate it and I can't wait to read some of your things!

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:57 am
Aww....You're welcome!! :DD  And thanks for checking out my stuff!! Love and Best Wishes.

Rogersright said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:53 am
wow, this is reallt good ! Writing poetry is really hard but your good at it.

Thank you so much!

gossimergrrl said...
Wow. This is so. Wow. The first four lines are my favorite. 5 stars.

Thank you so much!

JustAnotherOwl said...
The message was really good! And the last lines especially struck me, because they kind of finally spell out reality for the person who's just doing..nothing. Anyway, this was very good!

Thanks!!!!

JaneCapelle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This has a great message, lovely imagery, i like the metaphors....great job! keep writing! =)

Jan. 28, 2012 at 8:55 am
Thank you :)