What It's Like To Be... Depressed.

First of all, it’s not knowing your place in the world.
It’s fighting to drag yourself out of bed every morning.
It’s constantly wondering if it’s all worth it.
If there’s more to life beyond a bottle full of Zoloft.
It’s isolation, disturbance, irritability, numbness.
It’s a cry for help that you just can’t vocalize.
It’s darkness.

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It is incredible that you were able to choose the perfect words to sum up depression. I've been around depression all my life. Not me, but with those that are very close to me. I know that the feelings you describe ARE what depression feels like. You explain it so well. I'm am so happy that you are happy. Always remember that you're worth it, you know? You're super talented too! Keep it up!

cassidybrooke93 replied...
Wow, I honestly love you, bhaha. Thank you for your feedback and support. I just want the people going through what I went through that they are not alone. Xx. :)

LoudDreamer said...
Very deep and very moving, it makes me feel guilty for whinning. Great job, keep writing! Could you check out Lonely Fires, please?

cassidybrooke93 replied...
i appreciate that :) and of course i'll check out your piece! Xx.

tealbird said...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 9:47 am
This was...amazing. It was so deep. I struggle with depression myself, and I think that that's part of the reason why your writing hit home with me. Your writing was beautiful, and so moving. It's so hard to write exactly what I'm feeling about this poem, so I'm just going to tell you that this was...great.

cassidybrooke93 replied...
thank you so much - your comment really means the world to me, because for so long i constantly felt like no one would ever understand what i was going through. but now that i've gotten help, i realize that i was never alone. thanks again, you're amazing.

stardreamer said...
i really like this poem :) Using "It" for every line made it very powerful

cassidybrooke93 replied...
thank you :)

scenesoccerqueen replied...
I can relate so much to this...and i agree with stardreamer the use of 'it' emphasized the piece. Nice job!

cassidybrooke93 replied...
Thanks! I appreciate your feedback :)

C.A.Walt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 8:57 am
this is amazing! and very powerful.

cassidybrooke93 replied...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 9:39 am
Awh, thank you so much :)

SuNshiNe007 replied...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 8:36 am
Outstanding!!! I love this! Wow! Great job! This is defenatelly 5 stars! Keep up the amazing job. This deserves to be published!!

cassidybrooke93 replied...
AWH. You made my day - I really would love for this to be published, because it's going to be in the beginning of the memoir I'm currently working on, so hearing this makes me extremely happy :)