Everything | Teen Ink

Everything

By Sarah.Ellis2014 BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas
Sarah.Ellis2014 BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas

Life can't ever really defeat a writer who is in love with writing, for life itself is a writer's lover until death - fascinating, cruel, lavish, warm, cold, treacherous, constant. ~Edna Ferber

It is impossible to discourage the real writers - they don't give a damn what you say, they're going to write. ~Sinclair Lewis

Emotions should not be played with.
But that's all you did.
You played with my emotions.
You told me lies to make me believe you.
And I did.
Every single one of them.
I was so stupid.

At one point in time I was happy with you.
You made me feel important.
Smart.
Beautiful.
Superior.
Believed in.
I felt like I was on top of the world.

Sometimes I wonder why you told me those things.
I still wonder why sometimes.
I know I'll probably never know why.
But still.
I wish I could know why you do what you did.

I was just a child and you knew that.
You knew how I was.
You make me feel cheap nowadays.
Worthless.
Useless.
Like trash.

Now I just continue to hurt.

on Jan. 29 2012 at 11:52 am

Thank you so much for reading, it's what helps me keep on writing:)

Allenstine BRONZE, Cary, North Carolina
I really like it, especially how you express your feelings. Keep up the good work :)

Thank You:)

Tanis,the,apple SILVER, St.croix Falls, Wisconsin

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at anytime."
-Mark Twain

It was really good sometimes I feel like that

Thank you for you comment it really helps me keep on going, also I just checked out your work and thought it was great:)

Thank you so much on your comment:) next time I'll try harder to go into more detail, please check out my other poems if you have time to though:)

youngwriter10 SILVER, Redmond, Oregon

"We've all heard that we have to learn from our mistakes, but I think it's more important to learn from successes. If you learn only from your mistakes, you are inclined to learn only errors."
-Norman Vincent Peale

I think that is very well written!!! :) I think it would be even better if you went into detail about the person thats making you feel these things........ but what do i know!!! :)

Shmelmo GOLD said...
Shmelmo GOLD, Elma, Iowa

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

I can relate to this which is probably a big reason why I love it. Very well written. And you are not worthless or useless because your writing is very good :) Keep it up! Could you check out my poem - Once a Survivor, Forever a Fighter?