Hershey.

The sweetness diffuses through my mouth,
sending each bud it touches into ravenous overdrive.
My brain gratefully registers this welcome distraction,
and I take another square as my heart sparks to life.
Sure, this world is still turning.
Sure, we’re all still such fools,
How we snap at each other and flinch from what’s new.
But that’s another bar of problems.
In this moment, all’s true.

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I LOVE chocolate! I've seen a poem about oranges, read a poem about coffee, but I've never read one about chocolate! Good job LoonyLoopy!

Falling.Up.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yes! this should be on a commercial!!

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
As a chocoholic I love this!!!! Never stop writing!!!

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 10:54 am :
This is probably the cutest thing ever! I would never have thought to write a poem about chocolate. :)