Broken Perfection

Blonde hair and blue eyes,
She looks perfect on the outside.

No one knows how much she strives to be perfect through everyone’s eyes.

Everyone sees only what she wants them to see. It’s what she hides is what worries.

What they don’t know is how she came to be this broken bundle of perfection.
They don’t know how much willpower it took to look like this.

How much it took to starve just for looks.

She is the definition of broken perfection, because all she can see is her reflection.

hippiechick99 said...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:13 am:
I know this is true. People used to think I was pretty perfect too, until I started being myself. I don't freak out if I only have 5 minutes to get ready or something anymore. I actually wrote a poem very much like this a couple days ago. I'll post if you want. :)

LaceeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:30 pm :
Yeah, I love to read other people's work!

milforce said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 3:57 pm:
Very nice. Well written with a good meaning. I wish there were more things on here with those two qualities. I kind of laughed a little though because I have blonde hair and blue eyes :)

Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:42 pm :
Thanks alot:)

lilmartz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very good! Personally, I would have broken down each line into stanzas, so the rhyming words are more definite. The one stanza I'm not crazy about is "What they don't know is how she came to be this broken bundle of perfection. They don't know how much willpower it took to look like this." Maybe instead write something along the lines of how she is a broken bundle of perfection because she made herself look this way because no one is born a barbie doll. All things considered, this is rea... (more »)

Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:51 am :
Thanks alot for all of the good advice:)

Evilgummysattack said...
Beautiful, that's all I can say. Delves deeper into the idea of perfection. I love it.

Jan. 5, 2012 at 10:18 pm :
Thanks So Much.