Holding On

*Believe me one more time, see it inside these pleading eyes, I care...
Take my hand again, open your heart to me... Hear the words, remember everything... 
Don't abandon what could be... 
See yourself like I do...
And please, please...
Let us feel what is being numbed again...
Don't let what's been found become lost before we finally realize....
Just...please...please...
Whisper that your eyes shine with the same light, that you can't let me disappear...
~Hold me like before, as you keep me from fading...~*

SilverSun said...
Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:21 am
OK, this was awesome! I can't believe this is the first poem u ever put up here! Amazing, stunning, beautiful, all of the above!! LOVE THIS SOO MUCH!

TheGirlWhoReachesForStars said...
Apr. 6, 2012 at 9:45 am
Just simply stunning, like all your other poems (: I need to get a certain boy on here and have him read this haha it's worded PERFECTLY. amazing job, once again.

DifferentTeen said...
Mar. 10, 2012 at 11:57 am
I did enjoy the conecpt, and I loved your wording. I think if you correctly formatted it, it'd be alittle easier to follow. Thats just my opinion. I think poems are wonderful because they can say so much in a little amount. The extra "..." and "~" s can be done without. It'd ook a little more professional. Otherwise, its a great poem. Its not something you can read through quickly and understand, which I think is what makes it realistic. Keep writing!

WrittenEmotions replied...
Thank you for your criticism! I appreciate that you love it and I will consider not putting so many of these ~ but honestly, the ellipsis are part of my voice in my poems, so...

EthanCalhoun said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 8:25 am
5/5 like all the others, great writer

Wonderment said...
This is nice. I like it very simplistic. 5/5

JaneCapelle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh i love this one, i can relate to it, i love it...5/5

chloe_garrett said...
this is great I like the line that says "Don't let what's been found become lost before we finally realize.... Just...please...please... Whisper that your eyes shine with the same light, that you can't let me disappear..." You are brilliant. 5/5

WrittenEmotions replied...
THANK YOU!!!

Luna3952 said...
I like it!

WrittenEmotions said...
Thanks!(: I like it too(:

JerseyGirl716 said...
Ooooooh I like it! Cool concept!

WrittenEmotions said...
Thanks!!!!(:

scenesoccerqueen said...
This is great! the sentences and the way its worded really add to it!

WrittenEmotions said...
Thank you(: this is one of my more soft poems, not too emotional but still enough there to make you feel(:

recurring_resilience said...
This was good. It brought back feelings I've long repressed, It hurts just to remember them. You know a poems good when you can relate to people on a personal level... Five stars. :)

WrittenEmotions replied...
Thank you, Chase :3

cookiestar said...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 5:31 am
This piece is amazing and beautiful, nice work :).

Fizzy_GirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 5:28 am
Nice poem. Good work. 4/5 stars. :)

WrittenEmotions said...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 5:25 am
Thanks so much!(: