Spared Lives This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Some secrets are meant to be shared,
Some promises meant to be broken.
Some lives aren't meant to be spared,
Some words not meant to be spoken.

Some wings are meant to be flapped,
Some strings meant to be cut.
Some gifts aren't meant to be wrapped,
Some doors not meant to be shut.

Some lies are meant to be told,
Some shoes meant to be worn.
Some heroes aren't meant to be bold,
Some babies not meant to be born.

Some fish are meant to be caught,
Some mouths meant to be fed.
Some wars aren't meant to be fought,
Some books not meant to be read.

HiddenAngelInTheDarkThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 19, 2012 at 3:48 pm:
That is so true and this is soo beautiful

lonelyinvisiblegirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 11, 2012 at 7:47 pm:
this is amazing

Studio_Ghibli-O said...
The truth, huh. Nice writing stile. It kind of reminds me of the twist on the saying "Eyes are the windows to the soul": "Eyes are not just the windows to the soul, but the doors, as well. Be careful what enters them."

alexb42621 said...
This is awesome! It was so...satisfying reading, with the way you wrote it. I could feel the beat instantly! And it also makes a great point! Stuff happens, some of it is planned, some unplanned. Oh my gosh this is probably one of my fav poems on here! Do you mind if i put it on my bulletin board at home?

MiraStorm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 3, 2012 at 3:30 pm :
wow i'd be honored! thank you so much!

alexb42621 replied...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 8:40 pm :
ooo and i wrote this on my wall in my room (i have this dry erase board paint stuff thats so cool! ha) and i suddenly was hit by the anticlimactic-ism of the last line. So my OCD brain needed to fix it or else it would bother me. Ha it's nothing wrong, it's just i'm picky. But letting you know I tweaked the last line to "Some paths not meant to be tread." Idk it gives it a deeeper meaning

Jan. 5, 2012 at 5:24 pm :
yeah that's a good line too! different lines mean different things to people... that last line was kinda personal to me but i can see why it wouldn't be deep to others.