"Seeing"

The mirror reflects me. The glass shines, seeing me and showing me the way I am. I see myself but do I really see? I try to clean off the smudges all over it... I can't see myself anymore... It's so blurry... My image seems to be fading... I wipe, wipe, and wipe... But the smudges stay there. Showing me all my mistakes. So very many mistakes... So is this who I am? The one who can't see... See what monster I am... Curse this mirror... Though I try do deny it... It shows the truth. Why can't I accept it? Why? The tears burn as they run from my eyes, down my cheek leaving a trail... Why did I have to see... See the real me?

SilverSunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really agree with poet.lover. everything she/he said was right on key. Its interesting, and i dont even know how to explain that. GOOD JOB! GOOD, GOOD JOB!

Ghrenqi said...
This is one of the best poems I've ever read. We write a lot the same, you and I.

poet.lover said...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 9:43 am:
wow! this reaches levels of pain, beauty, hurt, and every emotion in between and outside the box. i think many people could relate to this. every flows so smoothly . and yet, reading this, triggered something insode me...but i can't quite put my finger on it. this is an amzing piece. very well written. please, take a look at some of my work, thanks :)

redhead2 replied...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 5:39 pm :
Thanks I hope your poems can get highly rated and get comments... Thanks again... but not everybody liked it but im glad you did.

KayKay6 said...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 1:09 am:
this is brilliant! i love this whole thing, it creates a good image in my mind and the words flow together so well. good job.