Chasing the Wind This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A trail of blackberries up to the cliff
Nature helping me find her
The clouds move as if alive by her song
They dance and play like she and I used to,
Her voice in my head as I start to run
Chasing our memories and love
Normally clumsy, I make my way
No trip or fall to separate me from my mentor
The women I've loved all my life
I chase the wind as it carries my mother from me.

floragjThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really beautiful, especially knowing that you had to use certain words. What were they, if you don't mind revealing it?

ShellsTooSmall12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 5:38 pm :
Sure. The seven words were: Mother, Cloud, Voicr, Cliff, Blackberries, Song, and Alive :)

Jan. 2, 2012 at 5:39 pm :
*** Voice! Not Voicr lol

floragjThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 2, 2012 at 5:43 pm :
thanks. i think i might try to use them in a poem too.