Hero Essay | Teen Ink

Hero Essay

“ She’s never pulled anyone from a burning building, She’s never rocked Central Park to half a million fans screaming her name, She’s never hit a shot to win the game, She’s never left her footprints on the moon, She’s never made a solo hot air balloon ride, around the world, no she’s just your average mom.”-(Jamie O’Neal Some body's Hero)

Many people look at my mom and just see another person in the world. I don't i see her as a hero. Why, might you ask? My mom grew up as the oldest, she only has three Little brothers. My mom Tammy, truly is my hero. She never puts herself first, it goes kids, work her feelings last. My mom and dad met around 21 years ago, at the time my dad had two daughters and my mom excepted it. When my mom was 22 she had her first daughter Chelsie, then three more but a few years apart. Chelsie, Zack, Breanna and Jeremy, plus Amber and Jessie. Around 2007 my parents adopted two of my cousin’s T.J and Jessica. So by then we had eight kids in one house and two parents. around 2008 my dad lost his job and got on unemployment, so it was just my mom working.

My mom works as a Office Manager at the Cannon Ball. She doesn’t make much but I'm pretty sure if my mom could choose to go back to college she would in a heartbeat. My mom tries and gets the best for her kids but she cant always afford it. She just gets what she can afford, and we appreciate everything she does for us. My mom may not be able to afford things but she loves us. My mom would put her feelings after work, but that is if she ever shows them.

My mom normally doesn’t our herself first, but she can if she would like to, which ain’t very often. She can tell when her kids are sad or mad or if we are just having troubles at school. My mom often doesn’t out her feelings first. I only saw my mom cry once and that was the day my grandpa died and then on his funeral. I know for a fact if my mom could choose she would pick her kids over work.

My mom may be a really busy person or I might not like her at all times but that doesn't mean I don’t love her. Through thick in thin she is my mom and i will always need her no matter what, and you may not think she is perfect but in my world she is, and she’s my mom and I love her. She’s my mommy and my hero.

This is a essay i wrote about my mom cause she doesnt realize how special she is to me :)