Glass Bottle

By ihatesouvenirstores GOLD, Galax, Virginia
ihatesouvenirstores GOLD, Galax, Virginia

"Never let your fears decide your fate."- awolnation

Everything is kept inside. A cork is put atop to keep it there. What might I find? A penny for wishing, A leaf to believe, A string of thread to remember... What? A paper clip to keep my thoughts together, A four-leaf clover for luck, A smile for patience. All these things I keep with me Close to my heart; they will stay. This thing I speak of floats around. Around and around and around, Through the water of my body. Where it ends up, no one knows. How it gets there, a mystery. When it arrives, no one can control. It is destiny kept inside. What? It will always be a question.

on Jan. 5 2012 at 5:27 pm
Plain-Jane ELITE, Grandview, Missouri

"And the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their Shepherd. He will guide them to springs of living water; and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." Revelation 7:17

wow i wish i could be that creative when im trying to keep my eyes open in health class! o and fyi i added this poem to my favorites =)

on Jan. 4 2012 at 5:01 pm

Thanks! (: Im glad you like it! I wrote it out of boredom in health class haha

on Jan. 2 2012 at 1:01 pm
Plain-Jane ELITE, Grandview, Missouri

this was such a creative poem! i love all the things you said could be inside... especially the string of thread to remember. that was my favorite. one thing that I didn't like was the first line. if you use a different word than "gets" it will sound a lot more poetic. i really love this poem though!

on Dec. 31 2011 at 6:37 pm

If you like my poem please comment. Just that would mean the world to me! Even if you don't like it, please comment

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!