Glass Bottle

Everything gets kept inside.
A cork is put atop to keep it there.
What might I find?
A penny for wishing,
A leaf to believe,
A string of thread to remember... What?
A paper clip to keep my thoughts together,
A four-leaf clover for luck,
A smile for patience.
All these things I keep with me
Close to my heart; they will stay.
This thing I speak of floats around.
Around and around and around,
Through the water of my body.
Where it ends up, no one knows.
How it gets there, a mystery.
When it arrives, no one can control.
It is destiny kept inside.
What?
It will always be a question.

MiraStorm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this was such a creative poem! i love all the things you said could be inside... especially the string of thread to remember. that was my favorite. one thing that I didn't like was the first line. if you use a different word than "gets" it will sound a lot more poetic. i really love this poem though!

foreverred14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thanks! (: Im glad you like it! I wrote it out of boredom in health class haha

MiraStorm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
wow i wish i could be that creative when im trying to keep my eyes open in health class! o and fyi i added this poem to my favorites =)

foreverred14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
If you like my poem please comment. Just that would mean the world to me! Even if you don't like it, please comment